Artist Members – Artwork for The Shop at AVA
AVA Artist Members receive many benefits that are separate from Individual, Family or higher level memberships, one of which is to have a presence in both our online and bricks and mortar shops, both called The Shop at AVA. (Please visit our Membership page for full details.)
Please email AVA’s Exhibition Manager at Exhibitions@avagallery.org to learn if this level of membership is right for you.
THE SHOP AT AVA GUIDELINES
1. Two-dimensional work must be framed, professionally presented, and wired for hanging. No sawtooth or D-ring hangers will be accepted. Table frames will likewise not be accepted.
2. Three-dimensional work must be stable on a pedestal or secured to a base.
3. All work must be for sale. Artwork should be fairly and reasonably priced according to fair market value.
4. Two-dimensional work may not exceed 48 inches in any dimension. Diptychs and triptychs are considered and sold as a single piece and must conform to the above limitations.
5. All work must be properly labeled with the artist’s name, title, medium, and price.
6. Three-dimensional work may not exceed 50 pounds. Work exceeding 50 pounds must be placed by artist.
7. Jewelry must be tagged with the artist’s initials, a number that corresponds to a written inventory list, and price. All jewelry should be prepared for presentation. Jewelers supply their own boxes or jewelry bags.
8. Work for the flat files must be shrink-wrapped or in clear bags to protect it and surrounding work. Each piece must be labeled with artist’s name, title, medium, and price.
9. Fiber hangings must be mounted on a rod.
10. Artists are responsible for transporting work to and from the gallery.
11. Artwork should not be based on a photograph/artwork made by someone else.
12. AVA reserves the right to reject any work submitted. Work may be rejected for any reason including, but not limited to: the work is too fragile for display; the work is improperly prepared for exhibit; the work or frame is damaged; etc.
2022 Solo Show Submissions
Thank you for your interest in exhibiting at AVA Gallery and Art Center. 2022 Solo Show Submissions are now open. AVA’s Exhibition Committee, comprised of individuals in the art industry from the Upper Valley region, is evaluating proposals for the 2022 Calendar year in the Rebecca Lawrence, Clifford B. West, E.N. Wennberg, and Elizabeth Rowland Mayor galleries. Proposals are due by midnight on March 31, 2021. Artists will be contacted by the end of June 2021 with final committee decisions.
Proposals should include a written statement explaining what you intend to exhibit, how many artworks, which gallery might best suit your work, and why you would like to exhibit; a bio; a resume or cv; 5-10 images (high resolution jpeg or tiff); and an inventory list with artwork mediums, sizes, and prices. Submissions are accepted through Slideroom only. The submission fee is $20. You can submit your proposal by clicking here
For more specific information about the galleries, please click here.
For questions about the submission process, please contact AVA at 603-448-3117.