Group Exhibition: All roads narrow at the border
Deadline: May 31, 2021
Exhibition Dates: June 11-July 11, 2021, Carter Kelsey Lobby Gallery
Themes on fences/boundaries/migration/freedom. Open to conceptual and/or literal narratives. Submit up to 4 images. Artwork entered should not exceed dimensions, 2D: limited to 36 inch width, 3D: base limited to 36 inch diameter. Selected artists will be contacted. Delivery: June 8, 10-3PM. Pick up: July 12+13, 10-3PM. You may ship work (it must arrive on or before June 8), please provide return shipping and ship in an adequate box for us to return your work. All accepted work should be wrapped and/or packed, clearly labeled and for sale. Sales commission: 60%artist/40% AVA. To submit your work click here
Artist Members – Artwork for The Shop at AVA
AVA Artist Members receive many benefits that are separate from Individual, Family or higher level memberships, one of which is to have a presence in both our online and bricks and mortar shops, both called The Shop at AVA. (Please visit our Membership page for full details.)
Please email AVA’s Exhibition Manager at Exhibitions@avagallery.org to learn if this level of membership is right for you.
THE SHOP AT AVA GUIDELINES
1. Two-dimensional work must be framed, professionally presented, and wired for hanging. No sawtooth or D-ring hangers will be accepted. Table frames will likewise not be accepted.
2. Three-dimensional work must be stable on a pedestal or secured to a base.
3. All work must be for sale. Artwork should be fairly and reasonably priced according to fair market value.
4. Two-dimensional work may not exceed 48 inches in any dimension. Diptychs and triptychs are considered and sold as a single piece and must conform to the above limitations.
5. All work must be properly labeled with the artist’s name, title, medium, and price.
6. Three-dimensional work may not exceed 50 pounds. Work exceeding 50 pounds must be placed by artist.
7. Jewelry must be tagged with the artist’s initials, a number that corresponds to a written inventory list, and price. All jewelry should be prepared for presentation. Jewelers supply their own boxes or jewelry bags.
8. Work for the flat files must be shrink-wrapped or in clear bags to protect it and surrounding work. Each piece must be labeled with artist’s name, title, medium, and price.
9. Fiber hangings must be mounted on a rod.
10. Artists are responsible for transporting work to and from the gallery.
11. Artwork should not be based on a photograph/artwork made by someone else.
12. AVA reserves the right to reject any work submitted. Work may be rejected for any reason including, but not limited to: the work is too fragile for display; the work is improperly prepared for exhibit; the work or frame is damaged; etc.
Solo Exhibition Submissions
The portal for Solo Exhibition submissions for 2022 is closed. AVA’s Exhibition Committee is evaluating submissions during the months of April and May. Artists will be informed of committee decisions in June 2021.
For more specific information about the galleries, please click here.
For questions about the submission process, please contact AVA’s Exhibition Manager, Sam Eckert, at 603-448-3117 or email@example.com.