AVA’s live storytelling event, the Mudroom, will be held under the tent at AVA (behind the main building) on the evening of Thursday, September 9th 2021, at 7 pm .The storytelling theme is “I Didn’t See That Coming!”. Music will be provided by DJ Melissa Trainor. Seating is very limited. Masks are required and AVA’s Covid restrictions will be observed. In case of inclement weather, the Mudroom will be held in the Clifford B. West Gallery. If you prefer not to attend an inside event, your tickets will be honored at the December Mudroom, or contact us for a refund
The deadline for story submissions is August 20th. By August 24th, we will select five or six stories from the submission pool and will contact storytellers. Selected storytellers will be expected to attend a rehearsal held on Sunday, August 30, at 5:00pm at AVA. Storytellers will be awarded an AVA membership and one guest ticket to the performance.
To Submit Your Story:
- Send us a short video of yourself pitching your story, or, in fewer than 300 words give us a summary of your true, personal story. We want a short summary of your whole story; not just a tease in which you withhold the ending! And, don’t send us a written-out version of your story. Just tell us what your story is about and what happens in the end.
- Please also include a brief biography of fewer than 100 words.
- Story submissions and any questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stories are limited to no more than 10 minutes.
- Stories must be true and autobiographical, first-hand and told from memory, not read or memorized and recited. No notes should be used. Please, no essays, poems, folktales, speeches, stand-up routines, or songs.
The Mudroom team: