A Wintery Mix, AVA Holiday Exhibition and Sale
Exhibition will be featured in all main galleries at AVA.
Nov 19- Dec 24, 2021 Opening reception: Friday, November 19, 5-7PM.
You must be or become an AVA member to submit work to the exhibition.
Prospectus (To submit your work, a link will be provided here on October 1):
Exhibition will be featured in all the main galleries at AVA: Rebecca Lawrence Gallery, Clifford B. West Gallery, E.N. Wennberg Gallery, Elizabeth Rowland Mayor Gallery, and the Carter-Kelsey Lobby Gallery.
You must be or become an AVA member to submit work to the exhibition. The individual membership fee is $55.00. To become an individual member, click here. AVA member submission fee for the Holiday Exhibition is $25.00. AVA sales commission: 40% (In previous years artwork priced under $400.00 sold particularly well)
2D limited to two works per artist: 2D limit to 32″ longest dimension. All 2D work must be “ready to hang”: wired on back, please install wire at least 5 inches below top margin. No saw-tooth hangers. Works painted on stretched canvas need not be framed. All work must arrive finished, completely dry and ready for display. All work which will be displayed on the walls of the galleries must be original works of art, no reproductions or Giclee will be installed on the walls.
3D Floor or pedestal sculptural work limited to two works per artist: may not exceed 50lbs, 32″base Wx72″tall. Work must be safe and stable.
Fine Craft and Multiples
If your work is small fine craft such as jewelry or small table-top work, you may include multiple items. Small 2D shrink wrapped work in multiples is allowed, however it must be contained and will not be displayed on the gallery walls. If you elect to use your own display please label it with your name.
AVA holds the right to display work as space allows, some work may be held back and filled in as work is sold; we cannot guarantee that submitted works will be displayed simultaneously. Exhibition is fluid and changing, art will be sold and removed at point of purchase.
- All artwork must be labeled with your full name, title, medium, price, and H21- designating the work as Holiday show 2021.
Artist Members – Artwork for The Members Gallery at AVA
AVA Artist Members receive many benefits that are separate from Individual, Family or higher level memberships, one of which is to have a presence in both our online gallery (The Shop) and our bricks and mortar gallery, The Members Gallery. (Please visit our Membership page for full details.)
Please email Sheryl Trainor, Members Gallery Manager, email@example.com to learn if this level of membership is right for you.
THE SHOP AT AVA GUIDELINES
1. Two-dimensional work must be framed, professionally presented, and wired for hanging. No sawtooth or D-ring hangers will be accepted. Table frames will likewise not be accepted.
2. Three-dimensional work must be stable on a pedestal or secured to a base.
3. All work must be for sale. Artwork should be fairly and reasonably priced according to fair market value.
4. Two-dimensional work may not exceed 48 inches in any dimension. Diptychs and triptychs are considered and sold as a single piece and must conform to the above limitations.
5. All work must be properly labeled with the artist’s name, title, medium, and price.
6. Three-dimensional work may not exceed 50 pounds. Work exceeding 50 pounds must be placed by artist.
7. Jewelry must be tagged with the artist’s initials, a number that corresponds to a written inventory list, and price. All jewelry should be prepared for presentation. Jewelers supply their own boxes or jewelry bags.
8. Work for the flat files must be shrink-wrapped or in clear bags to protect it and surrounding work. Each piece must be labeled with artist’s name, title, medium, and price.
9. Fiber hangings must be mounted on a rod.
10. Artists are responsible for transporting work to and from the gallery.
11. Artwork should not be based on a photograph/artwork made by someone else.
12. AVA reserves the right to reject any work submitted. Work may be rejected for any reason including, but not limited to: the work is too fragile for display; the work is improperly prepared for exhibit; the work or frame is damaged; etc.
Solo Exhibition Submissions
The portal for Solo Exhibition submissions for 2022 is closed. The 2023 Solo Exhibition call to artists portal will open in early 2022. Please check back in January or February. Thank you for your interest in AVA gallery and Art Center.
For questions about the submission process, please contact AVA’s Exhibition Manager, Sam Eckert, at 603-448-3117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more specific information about the galleries, please click here.