MESSAGES FOR THE FUTURE AVA Gallery and Art Center’s 2019 Juried Summer Exhibition July 12 – August 21, 2019 Juror: Alan Chong, Director and CEO, Currier Museum of Art
SUBMISSION TO THIS EXHIBITION IS NOW CLOSED.
Imagine that your artwork is placed in a time capsule only to be revealed 200 years from now. What messages will your work carry? Are the picturesque landscapes of today painting a cautionary tale? Do the materials you use tell a story of decay or preeminence? As the world around us changes, we are pushed to reexamine the power and place of art. We invite you to view your work through this lens and look forward to receiving your messages!
- All artists residing in New Hampshire or Vermont
- 1-2 recent works (made during the past three years) that were not shown previously in one of AVA’s Juried Exhibitions
- 2-4 sentences relating your submission with the theme
- All works must come gallery-ready for exhibition, dry and finished
- Two-dimensional works are not to exceed 60 inches in any direction
- Sculpture entries are not to exceed 200lbs
- All works must be for sale (AVA retains 40% commission on sales)
- Submission to this exhibition is now closed.
- Artists whose work has been selected for final jurying will be notified shortly.
- Works moved on for final jurying must be delivered to AVA on Saturday, June 15; Monday, June 17; or Tuesday, June 18, 2019 between 10am-5pm
Notification of final acceptance will be by email on Friday, June 21, 2019.
Awards include three Juror’s Recognition Awards and The Cornelia M. Rahmelow Photography Prize, each accompanied by a $250 cash prize. Award winners will be also featured in an exhibition at AVA in summer 2020.
PICK-UP OF WORK
Artwork that is not accepted for the juried show must be picked up Wednesday – Saturday, June 26-29, 10am-5pm. AVA cannot ensure the safety of artwork that is left after June 29, 2019.
Solo Show Submissions
Artists interested in exhibiting artwork in AVA’s galleries may submit their proposal here.
Please note this is the only way to submit work to be considered for exhibition at AVA Gallery and Art Center. AVA does not work with any third parties to solicit artists.
AVA will periodically partner with other organizations for offsite exhibition opportunities.
There is no deadline for this opportunity as the exhibition dates are tailored in conjunction with the partnering organization. Artists will be notified when submissions are received.