2022 AVA Juried Exhibition | As We Tilt Towards the Sun, June 17-July 8, 2022
Title and theme: As We Tilt Towards the Sun | Artists are invited to submit artwork in themes related to: Solstice, time, process, change, new beginnings. Artist may submit 1 or 2 works. 2D work should be wired and ready to hang, no larger than 48 inches, 3D no larger than 36″wx84″tall. Delivery date for accepted works: 11-4PM either Thursday 6/9 or Friday 6/10. Opening reception: Friday, June 17, 5-7PM. This years Juror is Janie Cohen, Director of the Fleming Museum of Art, Burlington, VT. The esteemed Juror will select participating artists for the exhibition in addition to four Juror Recognition Awards which include a cash award and a solo exhibition to be scheduled in June/July of 2023.
Submission is closed. Notifications will be sent by May 30.
Janie Cohen, Director, The Fleming Museum of Art | The University of Vermont
Janie Cohen has directed the Fleming Museum of Art since 2002, having served in curatorial positions prior to that. As a Picasso scholar, she has curated exhibitions and published on the artist in the U.S., Germany, Netherlands, and Spain. Cohen has served as President of the Board of the New England Museum Association, as a site visitor for The Alliance of American Museums’ Accreditation Program and as a member of AAM’s nominating committee, and as a grant reviewer for the Institute of Museum and Library Services. She has served on boards and consulted for numerous arts and cultural organizations in her home state of Vermont. Cohen has had an art practice for many years and has been showing publicly since 2016.
10×10 Exhibition and AVA Fundraising Event | Carter-Kelsey Gallery
Exhibition dates: Saturday, July 9- Friday, August 12, 2022 | Reception TBD
We are inviting all artists to participate in this event. You may pick up one or two 10″x10″ panel/s from AVA, create something extraordinary, and then return your masterpiece to AVA as a generous donation and sold as part of our fundraising effort. We love artists who love AVA, and this is your way of showing the community what AVA means to you.
Panels may be picked up Tuesday, May 17- Friday, May 20, between 10am-2pm. We will have a list of artists who have registered online (see above link), please check off your name when you arrive.
Delivery of completed artwork/s is Wednesday, July 6 and Thursday, July 7 between 10am-2pm.
(Click on image view full size)
Solo Exhibition Submissions
Thank you for your interest in exhibiting artwork at AVA Gallery and Art Center. While AVA’s Exhibition Committee accepts and reviews proposals for solo exhibitions, our exhibitions are also comprised of solicited/invitational artists and traveling exhibitions. Please be aware the AVA’s exhibition schedule is planned 1-2 years in advance. Thoughtful consideration and equal representation is given to artists with strong connections to NH and VT and the region. AVA is equally dedicated to exhibiting artists of national and international scope so as to foster dialogue, promote an exchange of ideas, and to highlight current tendencies in contemporary art between the local art community and those residing elsewhere. AVA features 3-4 Main Gallery opportunities featuring several exhibitions which range from thematic, group exhibitions to single/solo artist exhibitions. The deadline for submission of proposals for the 2023 Calendar Year is midnight, March 31, 2022. You will receive notice of final decision no later than June 2022.
The 2023 Solo Exhibition call to artists is closed.
For questions about the submission process, please contact AVA’s Exhibition Manager, Sam Eckert, at 603-448-3117 or email@example.com.
For more specific information about the galleries, please click here.
Artist Members – Artwork for The Members Gallery at AVA
AVA Artist Members receive many benefits that are separate from Individual, Family or higher level memberships, one of which is to have a presence in both our online gallery (The Shop) and our bricks and mortar gallery, The Members Gallery. (Please visit our Membership page for full details.)
Please email Sheryl Trainor, Members Gallery Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org to learn if this level of membership is right for you.
MEMBERS GALLERY GUIDELINES
1. Two-dimensional work must be framed, professionally presented, and wired for hanging. No sawtooth or D-ring hangers will be accepted. Table frames will likewise not be accepted.
2. Three-dimensional work must be stable on a pedestal or secured to a base.
3. All work must be for sale. Artwork should be fairly and reasonably priced according to fair market value.
4. Two-dimensional work may not exceed 48 inches in any dimension. Diptychs and triptychs are considered and sold as a single piece and must conform to the above limitations.
5. All work must be properly labeled with the artist’s name, title, medium, and price.
6. Three-dimensional work may not exceed 50 pounds. Work exceeding 50 pounds must be placed by artist.
7. Jewelry must be tagged with the artist’s initials, a number that corresponds to a written inventory list, and price. All jewelry should be prepared for presentation. Jewelers supply their own boxes or jewelry bags.
8. Work for the flat files must be shrink-wrapped or in clear bags to protect it and surrounding work. Each piece must be labeled with artist’s name, title, medium, and price.
9. Fiber hangings must be mounted on a rod.
10. Artists are responsible for transporting work to and from the gallery.
11. Artwork should not be based on a photograph/artwork made by someone else.
12. AVA reserves the right to reject any work submitted. Work may be rejected for any reason including, but not limited to: the work is too fragile for display; the work is improperly prepared for exhibit; the work or frame is damaged; etc.