Call to artists: fireflies and freeze tag | a group exhibition in the Carter-Kelsey Gallery | Submission deadline: July 25
Artists are invited to submit work with content and themes around the joys of summer. A group exhibition in the Carter-Kelsey Gallery, exhibition dates: August 19-September 24. Drop off: Wednesday, August 17, 11-4PM. Pick-up: Tuesday, September 27, 11-4PM.Due to the size constraints of the Carter-Kelsey Gallery exhibitions are curated, unfortunately not all submissions are accepted. We will contact both accepted and non-accepted artists. Thank you for your understanding.
(Click on image view full size)
Solo Exhibition Submissions
Thank you for your interest in exhibiting artwork at AVA Gallery and Art Center. While AVA’s Exhibition Committee accepts and reviews proposals for solo exhibitions, our exhibitions are also comprised of solicited/invitational artists and traveling exhibitions. Please be aware the AVA’s exhibition schedule is planned 1-2 years in advance. Thoughtful consideration and equal representation is given to artists with strong connections to NH and VT and the region. AVA is equally dedicated to exhibiting artists of national and international scope so as to foster dialogue, promote an exchange of ideas, and to highlight current tendencies in contemporary art between the local art community and those residing elsewhere. AVA features 3-4 Main Gallery opportunities featuring several exhibitions which range from thematic, group exhibitions to single/solo artist exhibitions. The deadline for submission of proposals for the 2023 Calendar Year is midnight, March 31, 2022. You will receive notice of final decision no later than June 2022.
The 2023 Solo Exhibition call to artists is closed.
For questions about the submission process, please contact AVA’s Exhibition Manager, Sam Eckert, at 603-448-3117 or email@example.com.
For more specific information about the galleries, please click here.
Artist Members – Artwork for The Members Gallery at AVA
AVA Artist Members receive many benefits that are separate from Individual, Family or higher level memberships, one of which is to have a presence in both our online gallery (The Shop) and our bricks and mortar gallery, The Members Gallery. (Please visit our Membership page for full details.)
Please email Sheryl Trainor, Members Gallery Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org to learn if this level of membership is right for you.
MEMBERS GALLERY GUIDELINES
1. Two-dimensional work must be framed, professionally presented, and wired for hanging. No sawtooth or D-ring hangers will be accepted. Table frames will likewise not be accepted.
2. Three-dimensional work must be stable on a pedestal or secured to a base.
3. All work must be for sale. Artwork should be fairly and reasonably priced according to fair market value.
4. Two-dimensional work may not exceed 48 inches in any dimension. Diptychs and triptychs are considered and sold as a single piece and must conform to the above limitations.
5. All work must be properly labeled with the artist’s name, title, medium, and price.
6. Three-dimensional work may not exceed 50 pounds. Work exceeding 50 pounds must be placed by artist.
7. Jewelry must be tagged with the artist’s initials, a number that corresponds to a written inventory list, and price. All jewelry should be prepared for presentation. Jewelers supply their own boxes or jewelry bags.
8. Work for the flat files must be shrink-wrapped or in clear bags to protect it and surrounding work. Each piece must be labeled with artist’s name, title, medium, and price.
9. Fiber hangings must be mounted on a rod.
10. Artists are responsible for transporting work to and from the gallery.
11. Artwork should not be based on a photograph/artwork made by someone else.
12. AVA reserves the right to reject any work submitted. Work may be rejected for any reason including, but not limited to: the work is too fragile for display; the work is improperly prepared for exhibit; the work or frame is damaged; etc.