Welcoming New Volunteers!
Volunteers are important members of AVA’s family, a family that includes staff, teachers, donors, board members, and the broader community that we serve. Volunteerism is absolutely essential for AVA to continue to flourish and fulfill its commitment to our community. We have a small staff and big goals. To realize these goals, we need YOU! Please consider contacting us today to find your volunteer role at the Alliance for the Visual Arts (AVA). Together we can strive to best serve our community. Roger Goldenberg–AVA Volunteer Manager
Here are just a few ways that you can contribute to AVA’s continued success…
- DATA ENTRY – If you are a computer whiz or appreciate the sense of accomplishment after polishing off a stack of papers, we have a special place in our hearts for you!
- EVENT SET-UP & CLEAN-UP – If you prefer to work on your own and can lift tables, chairs, set up a mic stand and speakers, and/or connect a projector to a computer, ask us about upcoming events where we need set-up and clean-up help. Of course you’ll get to be a part of the fun, too!
- EXHIBITION PREPARATION – If you are handy with plaster and paint and don’t mind getting your hands a little dirty, work with our Exhibition Manger to prep the galleries for upcoming exhibitions.
- GALLERY GREETER- If you like meeting new people and interacting with the public, become a Gallery Greeter. Welcome visitors, answer questions, keep count of visitors in the gallery, help sell artwork and answer the phone while in the welcoming environment at the Alliance for the Visual Arts Gallery and Art Center.
- GARDENING – AVA has a sculpture garden, roof-top garden, and many plantings around our campus that need regular attention. If you have a green thumb and appreciate working outdoors, please inquire about keeping our gardens groomed!
- PUBLICITY – AVA has a lot of information that needs posting on social media, online calendars, list serves, and in print publications. If you are experienced in publicity and have an hour or two once a month to help us spread the word about our events and programs, AVA could use your skills.
- REFRESHMENTS – If you love to throw a good party, you can help plan, purchase (with funds from AVA), and prepare food and beverages for events like opening receptions, The Mudroom, and gallery talks.
- COMMITTEE MEMBERS – We have many committees at AVA that meet on a monthly basis. We appreciate wisdom and advice from our community members. Call to ask where your expertise might best be put to use.
- FACILITIES: Volunteers help with cleaning, stocking supplies, small building projects, general maintenance.
- SHOP STEWARDS: Our Bente Torjusen West Sculptural Studies Building has Metal, Wood, Ceramics, and Stone Carving Studios that need experienced, skilled tradespeople to maintain organization and equipment.
From personal attention through administrative support, volunteers help AVA in every capacity.
Call 603-448-3117 ext: 110 or email Roger at email@example.com if you would like to find out how you can help AVA fulfill our mission. Many hands make light work!
Thank you from Roger, Volunteer Manager, and AVA Gallery and Art Center’s staff. With out YOU we couldn’t get it all done!