Welcome all! As a volunteer you are an important member of AVA’s family, one that includes other volunteers, staff, teachers, donors, board members, and the broader community that we serve. Volunteerism is absolutely essential for AVA to continue to flourish, grow, and fulfill its commitment to our community. We have a small staff and big goals. To realize these goals, we need you! Roger Goldenberg– AVA Volunteer Manager
- DATA ENTRY – If you are a computer whiz or appreciate the sense of accomplishment after polishing off a stack of papers, we have a special place in our hearts for you!
- EVENT SET-UP & CLEAN-UP – If you prefer to work on your own and can lift tables, chairs, set up a mic stand and speakers, and/or connect a projector to a computer, ask us about upcoming events where we need set-up and clean-up help. Of course you’ll get to be a part of the fun, too!
- EXHIBITION PREPARATION – If you are handy with plaster and paint and don’t mind getting your hands a little dirty, work with our Exhibition Manger to prep the galleries for upcoming exhibitions.
- GALLERY DOCENT- If you like meeting new people and interacting with the public, become a gallery sitter. Welcome visitors, answer questions, keep count of visitors in the gallery, and help sell artwork while basking in the sun and serenity of our beautiful galleries.
- GARDENING – AVA has a sculpture garden, roof-top garden, and many plantings around our campus that need regular attention. If you have a green thumb and appreciate working outdoors, please inquire about keeping our gardens groomed!
- PUBLICITY – AVA has a lot of information that needs posting on online calendars, list serves, and in print publications. If you are experienced in publicity and have an hour or two once a month to help us spread the word about our events and programs, AVA could use your skills.
- REFRESHMENTS – If you love to throw a good party, you can help plan, purchase (with funds from AVA), and prepare food and beverages for events like opening receptions, The Mudroom, and gallery talks.
- COMMITTEE MEMBERS – We have many committees at AVA that meet on a monthly basis. We appreciate wisdom and advice from our community members. Call to ask where your expertise might best be put to use.
From personal attention through administrative support, volunteers help AVA in every capacity.
Call 603-448-3117 ext: 110 or email email@example.com if you would like to find out how you can help AVA fulfill our mission. Many hands make light work!