AVA Gallery and Art Center is open Tue-Fri 11am – 6pm and Sat-Sun 11am-4pm for properly distanced, in-person gallery viewing and art education classes. We welcome you to partake of all that AVA has to offer knowing we have your health, well-being, and comfort as our top priority. Please make note of the following policies before vising AVA:
The health and safety of all is our priority. AVA is working to reduce risk by requiring everyone on campus to wear a face covering and maintain physical distancing. We have also implemented visitor and staff health checks; established a building-wide cleaning schedule; and installed hand-sanitizer stations throughout the buildings. AVA will continue to monitor and abide by federal, state, and city guidelines to inform our operations.
So that AVA can safely remain open, we require that all visitors follow the safety guidelines outlined below. AVA reserves the right to ask visitors who do not follow these guidelines to leave the premises.
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick.
- For more information about COVID-19, check the CDC website.
- New Hampshire Safer at Home Out-of-State quarantine guidelines.
- State of Vermont Cross-State Travel Guidelines
- To gain entry if the doors to the building are locked, please call the office at 603-448-3117 to view the galleries or to meet with staff. Walk-in visitors are welcome and accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All staff, studio tenants, artists, students and visitors are required to answer health screening questions prior to entering the building. Once inside, we ask everyone to check their temperature and sign in for contact tracing purposes. If you receive a reading of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, we will ask you to visit another day.
- Face coverings are required for all visitors over the age of two. You will not be permitted inside AVA buildings without a face covering. Additionally, face coverings must be worn for the duration of your visit. CDC guidelines advise that face coverings should:
- Reach above the nose, below the chin, and completely cover the mouth and nose
- Fit snugly against the sides of the face
- Physical distancing is required; visitors should stay at least six feet (about two arms’ length) from others and from groups.
- Please do not touch the artwork, frames, platforms, labels, display cases, or anything used to protect the art.
- Help prevent the spread of germs by washing your hands often with soap and water for at least twenty seconds and by not touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Hand sanitizer is also available at entrances and at stations throughout the galleries and building.
- Please cover your cough.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. We cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19 during your visit to AVA. Those visiting AVA do so at their own risk of such exposure.
- If you are unable to visit us in person, please see our Education and Exhibition pages for more information on the wide range of virtual classes, exhibitions, and community programs you can enjoy from home. We will be here to welcome you when you are able to return.